Friday, January 8, 2010

Burgermania!

Finally, yes I finally had a hamburger in India. In all my time here, it my first beef hamburger ever in the land of holy cow...and it tasted great. I have been craving a "real" burger for sometime, but everytime we went to a restaurant that advertised the American staple, it was always made out of chicken or vegetables. But, last week when we went to one of our new favorite restaurants in Bangalore, Herbs and Spice on 80 ft road, the chef agreed to cook our special request. My mouth definitely watered as I sank my teeth into the surprisingly large pepper-infused burger with lettuce, tomato, cheese, onions, and spicy mustard on a whole wheat sesame seed bun. The side of finger chips (aka french fries) along with a cold beer really hit the spot too, and I could not have asked for anything more that night. Of course, it wasn't the greatest burger that I ever had (that title still goes to Thurman's Cafe in C'bus), but I will definitely be going back there to get my fix sometime soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment