Sunday, November 7, 2010

Weekend at Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park

It's only been 4 days since I arrived down here in NZ, but I've already headed down to the South Island for some good 'tramping' in the Southern Alps before I needed to head over to Christchurch and North Canterbury to go visit some farms for work Monday. The trip started and ended at Aoraki/Mt. Cook National Park, but the best part was the middle of it where I spent the night up at about 6000ft (1900m) in Mueller Hut. I just got down the mountain and still need to sort through all the photos before posting here, but wanted to at least give you a taste of what I see from the visitors center. More to follow in the next day or so...



PS - Mt. Cook is the one in the back. It's the highest peak in New Zealand at about 3700+ meters (12000 ft).

1 comment:

  1. Incredible! It's green at the base then just goes to glaciers and snow. Isn't that unusual?

    ReplyDelete